As an international association, ENFIT pursues the objective of standardisation and the continuous development of food safety and food compliance in the supply chain.
This includes inter alia the expert and constructive exchange of information between experts in the participating industry sectors in the supply chain, such as:
- Food production
- Quality management
- Tank and container cleaning/Disinfection
- Logistics/Food logistics
- Tank and container construction (plastic IBCs, stainless steel IBCs, tank cars and silo containers, tank containers and tank cars)
- Inspection and repair service providers
- Container pool operators
- Manufacturers of inspection equipment, cleaning products and detergents, hoses, tank accessories and fittings, spares and consumables
- Safety technology
- Planning and development companies
- Manufacturers of cleaning technology and plant construction companies
- Testing and inspection organisations, such as: TÜV, SGS, DEKRA, etc.
- Certification bodies, for example IFS, BRC and their auditors, official foodstuff monitoring and control etc.
- Other experts associated with the industry
ENFITmaintains an intensive dialogue with national, European and international policy-makers, the Commission for Food Safety – DG-SANTE – in Brussels, producers and processors, monitoring agencies, consumer protection organisations, the World Health Organisation (WHO), national and international logistics and cleaning associations and institutions.
ENFIT is dedicated to the implementation of European, national and international hygiene regulations, directives and DIN standards in the food chain and raises awareness of this legislation within the individual industry sectors.
ENFIT develops training seminars for HACCP, tank and container cleaning and experts for container inspection according to DIN 10 502-1.
ENFIT has developed and defined the “bulkvision” global container identification system as the international standard for the seamless tracing of foodstuffs and allergens in the supply chain.
ENFIT organises the establishment of ENFIT container trail centres and the introduction of the “bulkvision” global container, test and identification system.
ENFIT represents the interests of its members and promotes communication internally and externally.